Monday, February 19, 2007

Parcel service !! The times have changed, Indeed!

I must say I'm impressed with UPS, yeah the courier company. I had always known that UPS and FedEx had a great tracking system on the web. This means that you can log on to the website, give your tracking code and immediately know where your parcel is. I had always wondered how these guys do it and this week I got the answer. My friend , Jayan had ordered some high-end speaker-cables from the states, this got delivered to another friend of mine , Mussu .now , the thing to be impressed is here in India , An UPS guy comes over to his house to deliver a package , which had been shipped from the US. He had an electronic pad, the size of a video cassette. It had a light sensor and the guy showed this light on the bar code stuck to the parcel. Voila ! That's it. Data updated.UPS says, this electronic pad will transmit this information to the UPS servers which in turn will update the status on the site. Maan, technology at its absolute best.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: