Friday, July 14, 2006

Emails cannot get you money nor luck

On the last count, I have received 7 mails that coerce me to either forward it to ten or more people or want me to do something to appease the gods.

Emails cannot get you money nor luck , all it does is an influx of spam solicitations inundating in-boxes, I will rather find it gratifying if I open the e-mail and receive a real letter, reminiscent of the kind that used to be written with a pen on paper, placed into an envelope and stamped for delivery. Sadly, there aren’t as many of those as they’ve been replaced by jokes, unusual stories or links to obscure Web sites. But at least these are good for a chuckle and can be enjoyed at leisure.

While few people seem to like these luck-rewarding mails, I really don’t like these chain trashes, so if one of you is really my friend or would like to rather make pleasant exchange then you can mail me.

Have any of you considered, what is a person to do if the recipient is a sensitive person? Just send it back to them and no one else they care about? It’s a dilemma for many people who receive these mails, if you respect an individual then equally have the same for his/her email address. For me this is an extension of my life and I feel intruded when I receive these chain-mails that leaves me with a dilemma.

Moreover a chain mail is a form of SPAM and in some cases is used to grab individuals' e-mail addresses for SPAM. Would it not frighten you and put you in a bother if some confidential or private mail addresses get forwarded from your workplace.

Therefore, as a kindness to all your contacts in e-mail, do not forward these types of e-mails to anyone. A good practice is if the mail sounds so unbelievable or frightening, yet you have not seen or heard any mention of it on reputable news sources (visual or print media), it is likely it is not true and you should not forward it to everyone; even if the e-mail claims that it is some cover-up or conspiracy.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: