Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Why I am for WiFi is as an awesome Investment

I'm writing this post, sitting at my desk at work and feeling the world has just landed on my lap, though the ergonomic chair with its lumbar supports and hydraulic base, which my company so generously gave on request, is comfortable I haven’t realized the full potential of freedom until I just went wireless. Oh, the absolute luxury of leaning back until the chair falls over looking more at the ceiling and able to feel almost a blissful sleep creeping in, I got to tell, this is the closest I came to enjoy being at work. Last evening, at home my dad got some bunch of contactors and went about interrupting my work that I was writing. What did I do? Went to my room, locked myself in and continued with my work. I love open air. There's something about the terrace that makes me feel fresh. I think well when I walk. So, if I have to brainstorm an idea I go to my terrace and do my bit of thinking. But then I also need to do a bit of googling to augment some of the ideas. No sweat. If my laptop is on hand. OK, enough case studies. The decision to WiFi my home now is one of the best I've taken. It has unchained me from the desktop and given me the freedom of movement. You think, in a small house that hardly matters. Oh, you are so wrong. I'll be honest. The decision to WiFi my place was based on the 'coolness' factor. Nobody I know did it and felt good to be one of the first. Kinda makes you feel you are on the 'cutting edge'...errr.. Whatever that means. But what started out as a 'fancy extra fitting' turned out to be one of the most practically useful additions. Now, I'd be heavily hamstrung without a laptop or the WiFi. And how much does it cost me? Just 99 rupees extra per month. Yup, there's a small down payment for the router but that's refundable. And what's more, any problem that I have, all it takes is one phone call and a few hours wait to get it solved. The Airtel engineers have been pretty prompt. With all such advantages, I'm surprised that so many folks who have broadband and laptops at home just aren't taking that one small step to WiFi their home. It’s just Rs.99. If you haven't considered it before, I strongly urge you to give it a go.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: